Family & Student Info
Technology at Overbrook
Current Positions Available at Overbrook School for the BlindPosition Available: Long Term Substitute Teacher
Status: 10 Months Instruction/ 32.5 Hrs Per Week
Qualifications: B.S. in Special Education or VI preferred
Summary Of Duties: Experience working with students with Multiple Handicaps and Visual Impairments. Experience using simple communication devices. Proficient Computer Skills. Knowledge of Assistive Technology, Basic Braille (or willingness to learn), Excellent Communication Skills, Good Attendance and Basic American Sign Language.
Status:Full-Time 10 Months, Non-Instructional, 32.5 hrs per week
Education: Masterís Degree in Education; PA certification as Teacher of the Visually Impaired preferred; will consider Masterís degree in Low Vision, Vision Rehabilitation, or Rehabilitation Counseling.
Experience:At least three years of providing assistive technology services to students and/or adults with blindness or visual impairment, and deafblindness and multiple disabilities; experience with augmentative communication devices.
Summary Of Duties: To assume responsibility for school-wide implementation of the student technology program initiative.
1. Continually review and remain up to date on the status of OSB technology offerings- including devices (mainstream, specialized, augmentative communication) trainings, and follow-up activities
2. Responsible for the development and implementation of a state of the art technology program for all OSB students
3. Serve as Chairperson of the staff Technology Committee
4. Assist the Development Director with fundraising proposals related to the technology initiative
5. Conduct technology evaluations and trainings
6. Propose appropriate devices and equipment for the technology program
7. Coordinate the technology program initiative across all school programs by collaborating with program coordinators, classroom teachers, and instructional staff to integrate assistive technology into classrooms
8. Serve as the spokesperson for the OSB Technology program for outside agencies and resources
9. Remain current on new technology in the field
Status: Full Time 10 Months Instructional 32.5 Hrs Per Week
Minimum Requirements:H.S. Diploma, Associates Degree or Para-educator Certificate and Experience working with students who are deaf blind or hearing impaired. Excellent skills in sign language, First Aid and CPR Certification.
Summary Of Duties: Assists a student with deafblindness to actively participate in activities and provides a supportive and effective environment in which the student can learn, Provides this service within the guidelines of the school, as set forth in its policies and procedures. Works under the direction and supervision of the classroom teacher, and participates as a full educational team member in developing and implementing the studentís IEP.